Letter from Lehel: Full Motion Walkaround Videos
We have some interesting internal data to share with you this month.
For a while now, we have known that our Full Motion Walkaround Videos has been our fastest growing video product, in terms of demand from our partners and resellers. So, we ran some numbers and here’s what we discovered.
As a percentage of total video views that consumers have watched on dealership websites, social media platforms and third-party auto shopping sites, full-motion walkaround video views have risen 20% in Q1 2019 compared to Q1 2018.
In Q1 2018, 15% of all inventory videos viewed were full-motion walkaround videos, compared to 85% of inventory videos views that were stitched-photo videos. In Q1 2019, full-motion walkaround videos accounted for 18% of all inventory video views, while the remaining 82% of video views were stitched-photo videos. In Q1 2017, just 11% of inventory video views were full-motion walkaround videos.
The primary reason for this increase is because more people are seeing the significant impact that full motion walkaround videos have on their sales.
However, it’s important to note that before you sign up for a full-motion video package, make sure you’re able to produce professional-quality videos.
To determine which type of video is best for a dealership’s video marketing program, pay attention to view rate. Stitched photo videos have an average 70-75% completion rate, while some full-motion videos only have a 20% completion rate. If the video is amateur quality, shot with a smartphone without a stabilizer and the audio is bad, a dealership is better off sticking with stitched-photo videos until the full motion video production process is improved.
It’s also important to realize that when a dealership first switches from using inventory photos to stitched-photo videos on their VDPs, the website visitor engagement rate spikes significantly. Yet when a dealership upgrades from stitched-photo videos to full-motion walkaround videos, the engagement rate only increases slightly.
This means that it’s the use of any video that’s the driving factor, and that both stitched-photo and full-motion videos will increase website visitor engagement and conversion rates.
Stitched-photo videos are still a better option
than inventory photos alone.
I highly recommend using full-motion walkaround videos in the lead follow-up process.
Did you know that Flick Fusion has a feature that helps with this process, that’s completely unique to our platform? No other video marketing provider offers this feature!
With the Smart Flicks platform, it’s possible to take an existing inventory video, click on a button and do a personalized, custom voice over. The video starts to play and all the salesperson has to do is start talking. Use the lead’s name, answer their questions and send the video to the lead. The whole process takes about two minutes and massively increases lead follow-up response rates.
With this unique feature salespeople no longer have an excuse not to use video in the lead follow up process. Obviously, shooting a new video for every single lead is time consuming and unrealistic. But with our custom voiceover feature, it’s only a two-minute process.
At Flick Fusion we strive to make it easy for you to create, enhance and distribute videos that inspire more emotion than any other video platform available.
If you have any questions about this data or our Full Motion Walkaround Videos, feel free to call me.